Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling two zones with HKC alarm?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have moved into a house that has a HKC alarm. I have the manual here, but can't work out exactly what make / model. The closest I can see is 'SecureWatch 8/12 control panel. The manual is dated Sept 2004 and the house was built in 2006.

I need to disable the two sensor alarms that are inside. The cat and dog both sleep inside and will set off the motion sensor alarms. I can disable one sensor / zone but not both at the same time. Is this possible and if so, can someone tell me how?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To inhibit 2 zones: Press 0
    Enter your user code
    Press * (zone number) * Zone number and Yes

Here is the owners manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

mel.b wrote: »
    I have moved into a house that has a HKC alarm. I have the manual here, but can't work out exactly what make / model. The closest I can see is 'SecureWatch 8/12 control panel. The manual is dated Sept 2004 and the house was built in 2006.

I need to disable the two sensor alarms that are inside. The cat and dog both sleep inside and will set off the motion sensor alarms. I can disable one sensor / zone but not both at the same time. Is this possible and if so, can someone tell me how?

Thanks

There are 2 partsets on the system. 0#7 and 0#8. Can you test these both to see what way they are set up. The are usually set up with 2 PIRs off and sometimes with one on.

If you have the engineer code they can also be set up in the different partsets if not done by the installer.

Another option if this does not help is to inhibit the zones in question when arming.

code * (zone number) * (zone number) yes.
    This will take the 2 zones out of the system when arming.

Here is a link to the user manual off your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks Koolkid that did the trick :)

Altor, sorry I have no idea what you are talking about in the first part of your post! However the second part is the same as Koolkid and that worked.

I had been trying 0 - code - * - zone area Yes and then repeating it from the start for the second zone which was unsetting the alarm

Thanks Koolkid that did the trick :)

Altor, sorry I have no idea what you are talking about in the first part of your post! However the second part is the same as Koolkid and that worked.

I had been trying 0 - code - * - zone area Yes and then repeating it from the start for the second zone which was unsetting the alarm

The manual should come in handy so :)

0#7 is a partset, same as 0#8. They are two that can be set up on your system so you dont have to inhibit a zone or zones as in your case.

They are set up so a PIR is off at night to allow you access by a movement detector.

Hopefully it is set up as its much easier than inhibiting zones each time you want to partset the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

altor wrote: »
    The manual should come in handy so :)

0#7 is a partset, same as 0#8. They are two that can be set up on your system so you dont have to inhibit a zone or zones as in your case.

They are set up so a PIR is off at night to allow you access by a movement detector.

Hopefully it is set up as its much easier than inhibiting zones each time you want to partset the system.

Ok, so I had a look at the manual linked to and the tried 0#7 and it said night set. I then moved around in the two areas where the sensors are and nothing happened, so i presume that it means they are disabled? And then I just entered the code and it said 'system unset'

So 0#7 is setting the alarm quickly without having to actually enter the code? It didn't seem to give me a countdown and then in the mornings just the actual code to disarm it? If I was to go out during the day and leave the dog inside, and use 0#7 when I open the door upon returning will it still give me the 30sec or so to enter the code or will it go off immediately?

• Advertisement

Ok, so I had a look at the manual linked to and the tried 0#7 and it said night set. I then moved around in the two areas where the sensors are and nothing happened, so i presume that it means they are disabled? And then I just entered the code and it said 'system unset'

So 0#7 is setting the alarm quickly without having to actually enter the code? It didn't seem to give me a countdown and then in the mornings just the actual code to disarm it? If I was to go out during the day and leave the dog inside, and use 0#7 when I open the door upon returning will it still give me the 30sec or so to enter the code or will it go off immediately?

That indicates partset is set up for these detectors. Much easier than inhibiting the zones.

If you have the engineer code you could set up the same for 0#8 partset B and set up partset with entry/exit timer to allow you to do this.

If you P.M. me who installed the alarm I will see if I have the engineer code for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hope it's ok to bump a old thread, but this issue seems relevant bit mine.

I need to put on the alarm at night fur Windows and doors.

I try 0#7 ,however on the zones one if the following happens:-

- the alarm goes off.

- the alarm continuously beeps and the display says "part set a"

Cheers, again hopefully it's ok to bump old thread

Hope it's ok to bump a old thread, but this issue seems relevant bit mine.

I need to put on the alarm at night fur Windows and doors.

I try 0#7 ,however on the zones one if the following happens:-

- the alarm goes off.

- the alarm continuously beeps and the display says "part set a"

Cheers, again hopefully it's ok to bump old thread

Normally for part set 0#7 and 0#8 are set up if you have PIRs in the premises.

When you say it beeps when you turn it on, is there a part set with timer set up?

Also is there a PIR in the premises?

Is this set up to be off in part set? or when you walk in front of it the alarm beeps like when you come in the front door?

Thanks for the reply.

To clarrify, it beeps when I walk in front of one if the sensors,saying "part set a" (like when you walk in the door)

Unsure if there is a timer set-up.

Unsure if it's set to be partset, however a second PIR does set off the alarm.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

To clarrify, it beeps when I walk in front of one if the sensors,saying "part set a" (like when you walk in the door)

Unsure if there is a timer set-up.

Unsure if it's set to be partset, however a second PIR does set off the alarm.

Cheers

If the sensor is a PIR then it could be set up that way in the programming. From what you say re the second PIR I would say it is. If you want it off in partset you could inhibit the zone when setting.

Most cases when you have the two part sets you would have one set up to turn off both PIRS for going around the house with just the perimeter armed.

Have you tried 0#8 to see what that is set up like?

• Advertisement

0#8 seemed to be setting the internal PIRS ( the alarm beeped and gave it's normal countdown )

0#8 seemed to be setting the internal PIRS ( the alarm beeped and gave it's normal countdown )

Ok, by the sounds of it the PIR in the hall is set up to go into entry/exit when the system is set.
    PIR two is not omitted in part set or full arm.
    Other than reprogramming the sensors the way you want them you should have the option of omitting on arming of the system.

If you P.M. me who installed the system I will check my list for the engineer code if you dont have one.

You could do a part set. 0#7 code * (zone number) * (zone number) yes to omit these on setting to just have the windows and doors on.

The zone number is the zone number the PIR is installed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

How do you omit a motion sensor when exiting the house but wanting everything else to be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

How do you omit a motion sensor when exiting the house but wanting everything else to be on?

JustTheOne wrote: »

If you have part set set up with a timer this will work.
    This is set up in the part set options if you have engineer access to the alarm system.

If not then you can do a full set and inhibit single or multiple zones for the set period.
    Code * (zone number) yes for one.
    Code * (zone number) * (zone number) yes for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Can you inhibit say an alarmed fire door when a building is occupied, not on arming

All you can do if its a 24hr door is activate it and then enter your code on the keypad.

No way to bypass as such other than changing the zone type

Advertisement