Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring blisters on gum

Options
  • 04-12-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have just noticed a group of small blisters on my gum near my tooth, this is the third time I have had this problem and each time it has been around the same area. The first time I encountered this problem I went to my dentist and he essentially accused me of being a hypochondriac, however by the time I visited him the blisters had popped and even though I told him the sore had originally been blisters he dismissed it saying that I probably hurt my gum brushing my teeth. I am very worried that the blisters may be a sign of dental problems or something equally serious. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

clairey123 wrote: »
    I have just noticed a group of small blisters on my gum near my tooth, this is the third time I have had this problem and each time it has been around the same area. The first time I encountered this problem I went to my dentist and he essentially accused me of being a hypochondriac, however by the time I visited him the blisters had popped and even though I told him the sore had originally been blisters he dismissed it saying that I probably hurt my gum brushing my teeth. I am very worried that the blisters may be a sign of dental problems or something equally serious. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    :(

Did you get the adjacent tooth X-rayed?
    A recurrent blister that pops in the same location sound to me like a draining sinus caused by a dead tooth.... Get checked for that first....

There are lots of other less common possibilities, too many to mention and impossible to diagnose online...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clairey123

Thanks as soon as my exams are over I'm going to visit the dentist

Advertisement