Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course fishing in winter? Any tips? :)

Options
  • 04-12-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Is course fishing in winter much differant from fishing in summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Believe it or not but it can sometimes be better in winter.

Shoals of fish will congregate in marinas and back waters when the temperatures drop or there is extra water in the rivers.

On some rivers you will get huge catches of Roach and Hybrids a couple of rod lengths from the bank.

I've had 50+lbs of fish in some places in the winter where i wouldn't get a bite from in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Apart from the Obvious "Wrap up Cosy", I'd mainly fish rivers in winter as I find they produce more consistently than stillwaters in the Colder weather.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Believe it or not but it can sometimes be better in winter.

Shoals of fish will congregate in marinas and back waters when the temperatures drop or there is extra water in the rivers.

On some rivers you will get huge catches of Roach and Hybrids a couple of rod lengths from the bank.

I've had 50+lbs of fish in some places in the winter where i wouldn't get a bite from in the summer.

I usually find behind the lock gates for boats on canals and rivers great especially if the river is high and flowing fast,seens like they all hole up their to relax and rest, I caught 14 perch in the space of two hours a few weeks ago and missed a couple when striking,all decent size too

Advertisement