Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Smartphone sub €100

Options
  • 04-12-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Alrite folks...

Looking for some advice..

Want to get the mother a smartphone for Christmas as my two brothers have both had children recently and want the chance to send her photos etc. at times but currently she won't let go of her old nokia. She's stubborn but I'm just going to land her with one anyway because she'll see the benefits as soon as we get her set-up on it.

Anyway she's with o2 at present so probably just as handy to keep her there and have looked at 3 phones they have - the Samsung Galaxy Fame, Noki a Lumia 520 and the sony experia E...all sub €100.

Anyone have any experience of these?? The link below may not work but if it does it brings you to a comparison on o2's page for the 3 phones.

http://www.o2online.ie/shop/view/content/compareDevices

I would switch her to Tesco Mobile like I did myself but she works in Derry and wouldn't have great signal on o2 and Tesco would probably end up charging her for the data when she's roaming and it would end up me being in the wrong because it's costing her more! Currently she just has the free calls and texts to o2 for €20 but will be getting the data add-on when we get this new phone sorted.

Any other suggestions welcome thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

The Nokia Lumia 520 is an excellent entry level smartphone, I used one for 2-3 months through work and never had a problem with it, easy to get to grips with too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

+1 on the Nokia, its their best selling phone worldwide because its good quality, cheap and reliable. The OS itself is simples for those new to smartphones. If your mam uses a hotmail address it'll be even handier.

Advertisement