Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCL Speech and Language Sciences

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I have a BA in Linguistics and Sociology and my goal is to pursue speech and language therapy. I applied for a couple of places but to no avail. This year I have applied to 6 different places and have recently heard back from University College London (UCL). I have an interview with them in January and I am super excited but also very nervous.

They gave us a general outline of what will take place; general introduction of interviewees, an introduction to the course, an opportunity to ask question and then they show us a video of a client with communication difficulties which is what our individual interview will be based on.

I'm just wondering has anyone any experience with this interview? Could you shed some light? I have looked up stuff online but not many people who have done the interview give much away. Communication difficulties are so broad so I could literally be given anything, I predominantly have worked with children with autism and children and adults with Down syndrome and am comfortable with these disorders. I have also just completed a special needs course so am familiar with other disabilities and disorders. I just wonder how much detail will be expected to be given on a communication difficulty you may have only encountered a couple of times?

I realise I'm rambling a bit and I am sorry I'm just very nervous and would appreciate any help I could get.
    Thanks a million

Advertisement