Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish Spitz - Any experience?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everybody,

I am just wondering if anybody has had any experience with Finnish Spitz dogs?

There seems to be just one breeder in Ireland and I would be so thankful if anybody can lend any information or experiences they've had.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

What sort of info are you looking for? Why are you set on this dog? Some colleagues of mine have them so I could inquire. I'm in Finland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Che Rua

I'm not set as such on this dog. I'm just doing a bit of research.

I'd like to know how this dog is as a companion dog, in a family setting. How it may behave with other animals for example. Also of any prevalent health problems with this breed.

Also as there seems to be just the one breeder in Ireland, I would like to know if anyone has had experience with them, as I certainly do not want to have any dealings with an unethical breeding farm.

Che Rua wrote: »
    I'm not set as such on this dog. I'm just doing a bit of research.

I'd like to know how this dog is as a companion dog, in a family setting. How it may behave with other animals for example. Also of any prevalent health problems with this breed.

Also as there seems to be just the one breeder in Ireland, I would like to know if anyone has had experience with them, as I certainly do not want to have any dealings with an unethical breeding farm.

Google suomenpystykorva and view page in Finnish. Google chrome will translate pages for you. Absolutely heaps of information on www.spj.fi/fi. Way less on English language website.

Looks a healthy.breed. Epilepsy is a small problem but otherwise they look good. Can't vouch for temperament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Che Rua

Thanks for the info :)

I am sure if you wanted to phone up breed society and inquire they'd be most helpful. Most Finns have excellent English (thankfully!!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement