Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatline Compact S24 - Repair vs. Replace

Options
  • 04-12-2013 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Type: C12-C32-C42-C52-C62

Our boiler started acting up in the past few days, kicking in and lighting the gas flames despite not being set to do so. Even when the timer in the hall is off.

Called Airtricity and they sent out a guy today. He tells my wife that we were lucky to have gotten the 7 years we did from it and now we have no choice but to spent €2,000 replacing it. On the form he only wrote "Burner pressure". He said they don't sell them here anymore as these were a big consignment from Eastern Europe that came in during the boom and are all failing now.

He told my wife not to bother with the gas company folks again as they'd be too expensive, but to call any local fitter instead.

I read some threads that agree with his assertion that 7 years was good for a Heatline Boiler but I see they sell spare parts out of a base in the UK.

Should I be getting a second opinion at least? €2,000 for a new boiler is big money for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

spida wrote: »
    Type: C12-C32-C42-C52-C62

Our boiler started acting up in the past few days, kicking in and lighting the gas flames despite not being set to do so. Even when the timer in the hall is off.

Called Airtricity and they sent out a guy today. He tells my wife that we were lucky to have gotten the 7 years we did from it and now we have no choice but to spent €2,000 replacing it. On the form he only wrote "Burner pressure". He said they don't sell them here anymore as these were a big consignment from Eastern Europe that came in during the boom and are all failing now.

He told my wife not to bother with the gas company folks again as they'd be too expensive, but to call any local fitter instead.

I read some threads that agree with his assertion that 7 years was good for a Heatline Boiler but I see they sell spare parts out of a base in the UK.

Should I be getting a second opinion at least? €2,000 for a new boiler is big money for me!

The price is about right but yes, get a second opinion. What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

"Burner pressure".

Should I be getting a second opinion at least?

I certainly would look for a second opinion, i fail to see how incorrect burner pressure can override the programer, it could as simple as incorrectly set frost stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭spida

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in?

In North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

In North Dublin.

PM johnniek or shane0007 on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I'm nearly certain I have one of those Heatline boilers in the shed, cant remember what was wrong with it.
    You're more than welcome to pull some parts off it if your RGI discover's what you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement