Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech C250 Battery Issue

Options
  • 03-12-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I have the above alarm. Replaced the back up battery about 4 months ago. I am now getting a VT Battery system fault all of a sudden. I opened the panel, disconnected and reconnected the battery but no change.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

muller3 wrote: »
    Hi, I have the above alarm. Replaced the back up battery about 4 months ago. I am now getting a VT Battery system fault all of a sudden. I opened the panel, disconnected and reconnected the battery but no change.

Any ideas?

That is relating to the back up battery in the control panel. Either there is a problem with the battery or it is dead. Can you check with a meter to see what voltage is on the battery, also can you check the battery leads to see if there is a charge coming to the battery from the control panel itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muller3

Thanks for the reply altor.

I dont have a meter unfortunately so I am unable to check the battery or the battery leads.

Thanks for the reply altor.

I dont have a meter unfortunately so I am unable to check the battery or the battery leads.

The only way to check this is with a meter unfortunately.

I will have to get my hands on one.

One question on the above, when you say check the leads do you mean the red and blue cables connected to the battery?

I will have to get my hands on one.

One question on the above, when you say check the leads do you mean the red and blue cables connected to the battery?

Correct, disconnect the battery and see what voltage is on these leads. Should be around 13.7V

• Advertisement

Excellant I will do, thanks altor.

Excellant I will do, thanks altor.

Your welcome, let us know how you get on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The first thing is check the battery charge voltage on the leads with the battery leads. This is a well known issue with the CS250 .
    If it is low you may be able to increase it by turning the small pot at the top left of the panel clockwise. If that doesn't give out enough voltage its a new PCB or a new panel I'm afraid.

So i tested the battery and leads and I am getting 12v from each.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How do you mean 12 volts from each?
    Also 12volts even is a bit low.
    There is a pot at the top left of the main PCB.
    Turn this clockwise and see if the voltage increases.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, I finally got a multi meter. Looks like I was only getting 10v from that battery, strange since its only 5 months old.

Any how I replaced it today. When I went to the panel it said zone 5 open ( all upstairs windows)

My wife had some of these windows open when I was at the alarm box. I closed all windows and still got this message.I opened one of the sensors to check with the meter, when I closed it the alarm now says Zone 5 Tamper.

I re opened this sensor to make sure the lid was on securely, it is. I tried to reset the tamper with the engineer code and still no luck.

Any ideas, this has me stumped.

Disconnect that zone at the panel and meter out the continuity and tell us what it shows.

Sorry Koolkid, just to clarify. by panel you mean the main box where the battery is? Then check the continuity of that zone there?

How do I know which is that particular zone?

Advertisement