Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for gym in Balbriggan

Options
  • 03-12-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

as the title says, some might know but we are totally new to ireland and my wife is looking for a nice gym in either balbriggan or the surrounding areas...anyone a member and can say if its nice or not?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

http://www.profitness.ie

Profitness is the other one. Wouldn't do as many classes as platinum. More of a no frills gym (I don't mean that in a mean way). Good lads running the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I've been a member of platinum and pro fitness in balbriggan.

If your wife enjoys classes or is looking to lose weight then profitness is the place to go.the lads know their stuff and are highly recommend by everyone who has joined their fat lose programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TimANDco.

she has been looking into profitness already online at their 6 week thingy they do, i mean she's not out of shape in the least bit but just wants to tone i guess. thanks for the quick responses everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paleo muinteoir

I've been a member of both gyms and would recommend profitness over platinum every time.
    It's not one of your flashy, shiny gyms - but the guys are superb and whatever the goal, this is a place you'll get results.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I too have heard good things about profitness, was wondering thoght as it is somewhat smaller surely its more difficult at certain times - than other gyms - to get access to weights and machines etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I have deleted a couple of shillish posts for a particular gym.

We don't come & ask to use your gym for free, so don't expect to receive advertising for free here.

If you wish to advertise your gym on this site - contact sales@boards.ie & pay for the privilege.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

I've used both also.

I just found profitness very small. Equipment wasn't as new as in Platinum. Pro did have good classes - but the 6 week thing is really just a fad. You do loose weight and tone up - but once is all over, you've some serious work to do to stay like that! lol.

Platinum has good classes too and is bigger, and has greater number of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I was in platinum before for a while until i needed to make some cutbacks and that was the only reason i left. there plenty of equipment, the staff are great and really friendly and theyve off peak memberships and other discounted ones if it suited you. I have heard some people complain about the lack of space at profitness but have also heard good things about their training

Advertisement