Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goods not as described

Options
  • 03-12-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I bought an item from a major online retailer who I have only had good experiences with before.

Due to their error, the description on the website referred to a different model, with the feature I wanted clearly mentioned, than the one I actually got, without the feature.

I complained but they now say they don't stock the (more expensive) model they described, they're terribly sorry and, if I send it back, they'll refund me.

Is that it? They get to say sorry but I'm put to the inconvenience of a) having to return the item and b) not having what I thought I'd have by now and c) having to source what I thought I'd already bought elsewhere for a higher price?

Do I have any rights to insist they supply me with what I actually ordered, given they do stock models from the same manufacturer and so must have a relationship that would allow them order the model I wanted, even if they don't normally stock it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nope; you can't insist on getting a more expensive model as they fulfill their requirements by resetting the table (returning you the money).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 musette

Ah well, it was worth asking!

Advertisement