Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body rotation

Options
  • 03-12-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Just a quick question for those who know more than I.

When rotating in freestyle, is it just my torso I'm rotating to help the breath and get my elbows up or should the legs be rotating too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Visualise a pole going down through your head all the way straight down. Like a pig on a skewer while swimming freestyle. I know I know easier said than done. Checkout swimsmooth.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Think of it as a shoulder roll rather than a body rotation.
    The torso absorbs most of the rotation action so that by the time it hits your hips it is minimal.
    A small amount of hip rotation is okay, as long as it's not knocking your kick out of whack, if your hips beyond about 10-15 degrees, your kicks start to get diagonal instead of up/down and you may lose a little propulsion or get some snaking happening.

Advertisement