Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to define my figure below the waist?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi last night was in a pub, was wearing formal suit like trousers, which was ok. But they were loose , showed none of my figure. Most women wore something tight which did define their figure, the odd one wore a skirt but most wore something tight, probably jeggings?. Anyway I'm wondering what I could wear that would show my figure? Are jeggings formal enough? can they form part of a formal look?.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Formal trousers are a crime against nature, unless of course you're talking the skinny, cigarette leg type. Otherwise, the work pants is a look best left behind. I've never seen a woman that looks good in a standard works pants.

Without knowing you, my first suggestion is to look at skinny, cigarette, properly fitted pants. You have to have the legs and waist for this look. If you don't then you could look at pencil skirts or fitted dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I go by the rule, loose on the bottom, fitted on top.

This depends on your figure but as long as you are with in a size top and bottom you should be fine, ie 12 on top 14 on bottom.

So fitted shirt,3/4 sleeves and bracelet on top, bootcut trousers on bottom.

Blouson blouse on top, cigarette trs / pencil skt.

My style would be a bit classic and I'm a child of the 70s if that helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Thanks Dudara, Wimpd, I'll keep that in mind , here's a previously posted pic , (I hope!:)) [IMG][/img]gxpz.jpgI'm usually size 14 waist and usually size 16 on tip, so maybe once the sale's start then I'll ask for a cigarette style trousers? would it pointless paying full price now?.
    help appreciated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Thanks MadamX,appreciated I'm usually a 14, but if it's a tight 14, well I could wear 16, if you were me which size would you order?

• Advertisement

Freiheit wrote: »
    Thanks MadamX,appreciated I'm usually a 14, but if it's a tight 14, well I could wear 16, if you were me which size would you order?

I have a very similar pair and they are definitely on the big size. Generally Wallis sizes are generous. You could be a bit cheeky and order both sizes. And if you want to show off your shape a bit tight is better than baggy. Wallis are very good about returns and it'd be no bother to bring them back to any Wallis shop. Having them delivered means you can try them on in the comfort of your own home too.

Thanks, and a blouse on top?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Would bengaline trousers be any good for you? They're a slim fit but have some stretch and movement in them as the fabric's cross-woven. New Look have some in.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/trousers-and-shorts/black-regular-bengaline-slim-leg-trousers_257059101

Got the Wallis size 14 in-store today, thanks Madamx :)

No bother : ) Hope they work for you

• Advertisement

Any suggestions as to what might look good for a work christmas party?my first one really, I don't know my shape really but I'd be fairly thin and athletic, but some abdominal fat, is knowing your shape important in choosing a garment? :)

Best advice I can give is stop over analysing! Try on lots of things and see what you're comfortable in and what YOU thinks works. We all make mistakes - dear god, I've a wardrobe full of them!

Advertisement