Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edward "Babe" Heffron RIP

Options
  • 03-12-2013 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭

From the US Department of Veterans Affairs......
    U.S. Army and World War II Veteran Edward "Babe" Heffron, known from the book and television miniseries "Band of Brothers," died yesterday at the age of 90.

Heffron served with the 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, better known as Easy Company. He fought in major battles during the European campaign, including the Allied landing at Normandy, and the Battle of the Bulge.

1461777_10151853489513178_1315042379_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Read his and Bill Guarnere's book "Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends" last year and really enjoyed it.

Can't be too many of them left now. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

I could be wrong but I don't think heffron served in Normandy at all. Think he came in as a replacement before market garden.

Horse84 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I don't think heffron served in Normandy at all. Think he came in as a replacement before market garden.

Correct. He joined Easy Company when they returned to England and his first action was in Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

RIP. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Only 20 survivors of easy company now.

• Advertisement

ollaetta wrote: »
    Read his and Bill Guarnere's book "Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends" last year and really enjoyed it.

Can't be too many of them left now. RIP

Bill has now gone as well: Band of Brothers Hero Dies.

Only three months after his great mate. RIP.

Advertisement