Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my work calendar to Sync?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:12pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have my work email set up ok on my phone through the standard mail app - but my calendar is not syncing. Now strictly work prefer you to use some other programs which do all the syncing etc but they are really awful and I'd prefer to just stay with the standard stuff.

I read iPhones can do it natively with something called CalDav but Android does not have this. Any way to make it work does anyone know?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

It should normally sync on Android, unless it has been disabled.

Check your corporate account in the phone's settings and ensure that the calendar is set to sync.

I have a couple of corporate accounts synching calendars across phone and tablet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I only have the email set up through imap in the mail app. I tried adding it as an Exchange Activsync account but it will not work

Touchdown is the app they want us to use but its horrible. Would prefer stock stuff.

Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you checked with your IT dept whether or not they support ActivSync on Exchange

It may need to be enabled for your email account in Exchange

I dont know if there is another way to have the Calendar synch without having ActivSync working

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

See I don't really want to check with them as they may insist I use touchdown with MDM - which is a pain in the ass! I saw something internally about an Android App called CalDav. I tried the free version but no idea how to set it up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

we use moxier instead of touchdown - its much nicer as an app and i think there's a free trial.
    it has a handy option to disable mail sync during certain times too

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emtrace.hermes

• Advertisement
Advertisement