Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft certs with FAS

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I see that Fas are doing a course for a MCSA server 08 in the new year, I am out of work at the moment and plan on doing an MCSA(I would prefer 2012 though), I have desktop support experience but very little server, I'm just wondering would it be more beneficial to the 3 exams on my own self study or with FAS ? Discipline won't be problem is I were to do self study, but because I have little server experience I'm wondering would I hit a wall and struggle doing it myself and would I be better doing it in a classroom with a teacher? The course would be involve 2 hrs roundtrip travelling a day, I don't mind that, but I'm wondering would I be better doing it myself and spending that time studying.

I would prefer to do an MCSA IN 2012, which I could do myself, but I'm afraid I'd hit a wall, and maybe only do 1 or 2 out of the 3, so if I felt I would be pretty sure to pass all 3 with FAS I would do it with them instead.

The course says that it requires a N+ and or a MS Cert, I'm thinking that people with only a N+ cert and no experience would struggle with it, and may slow the general speed down.(MS Recommends you have a year experience with server 08)

The course says it takes about 6 months, which I'm thinking i would struggle to do it myself in that time frame, so I'm wondering would I be more likley to get it done in that time frame if I did the course or would it make any difference

Basically, has anyone thats done a MS cert with FAS, or any classroom study felt that the class and teacher enviornment was more beneficial that doing it yourself with books/videos, especially if you had little experience in it, did you understand it better? If you work hard at it, and attend every day do the majority of people generally pass?

i have a n+ and 70-680 at the moment

Many thanks in advance

Advertisement