Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam fees?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking at doing the microsoft mcts exam 70-680. Am unemployed at the moment so was wondering is there any discounts available? I rang the exam centre, its 150, but often hear of people getting reduced rates? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

If I've to pay for an exam I always google the code and promo code and you might find something

I didnt see anything myself but keep your eyes peeled and something will come along

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its usually possible to find a 15% code for most modules for starters. They're included in the official books usually and otherwise given out on technet from time to time and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭j.s. pill II

If you're on the dole you can apply for a Technical Employment Support Grant which can cover exam fees for certs like this one. All I know is that it exists, I wouldn't really know how to apply or how easy it is to get. The course you want to do must not be already be available through a state funded training programme. As far as I know, FAS don't offer the 70-680 directly so it may well be eligible for this grant; although I don't know how they define 'state funded' in this instance.

I'd suggest contacting FAS (or SOLAS, or whatever they call themselves these days) to see how you might go about this.

Advertisement