Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women’s Team Ireland selection!!

• 03-12-2013 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

From the Irish Roller Derby Association Facebook page:

The Irish Roller Derby Association is delighted to announce that we are beginning the process to select the Women’s Team Ireland squad which is a 2 year term which will see the team take part in the Blood and Thunder World Cup to be held in Texas December 2014.

The IRDA is responsible for designing and implementing the criteria and process involved with the creation of Team Ireland. We do this with a view to ensuring that the most fair and transparent process for selection is being applied.

We are hugely excited to begin this process of team selection and we are now opening up applications for skaters to try out for the next Team Ireland.

We will also being looking for support staff for the teams, which will include vital roles such as Sponsorship and Team Manager.

We are proud to have reached this historic moment in Irish Roller Derby history and look forward to celebrating the success of an undoubtedly excellent national team.

Try outs will be held on Sunday February 9th 2014 in the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght, Dublin. Event details will follow later this week.

To apply for Team Ireland please complete the following application and submit before Monday December 30th 2013.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RUqB-0veKdXLK1lVivZQm3P4F_dAdKjwMK3qPwF-gmE/edit

Just to note Passport will not be required for Try outs, but you will be required to have this if you are successfully drafted to Team Ireland.

For further details please contact the IRDA through the following channels:

Email:

irishrollerderbyassociation@gmail.com

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Roller-Derby-
    Association/400164060041678

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/IRDATeamIreland

Kind regards
    Irish Roller Derby association December 02 nd 2013

Anyone from here trying out? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

A few peeps have confessed to me they're going to try out but everyone's been real hush hush about broadcasting it if they are trying out...:confused:

I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annabomination

A few peeps have confessed to me they're going to try out but everyone's been real hush hush about broadcasting it if they are trying out...:confused:

I wonder why?

Maybe they're worried people would laugh loudly in their faces - I know I would be, if I was going to try out... actually that's my main reason for not trying out, haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Just go for it Anna, you never know if you never try.
    I would have been first in line to try out (except for my 9month injury :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agony

Im gonna try out. You gotta be in it to win it as my mam says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

agony wrote: »
    Im gonna try out. You gotta be in it to win it as my mam says

The very best of luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 agony

Mylina wrote: »
    The very best of luck! :)

thanks a million x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Tails!

How did tryouts go for everyone :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Tails! wrote: »
    How did tryouts go for everyone :-D

Been wondering about that all day... :)
    Did you try out?

Nope I didn't try out... I'm not quite there yet! But dying to know how everyone got on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

It was an awesome day! I thought everyone did really well - such a great standard across the board! I would like to do it again plz! (:

• Advertisement

Yeah I've heard everyone was great. I'm actually really excited to find out who the new team will be. I'm sure it's gonna be amazing :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

Tails! wrote: »
    Yeah I've heard everyone was great. I'm actually really excited to find out who the new team will be. I'm sure it's gonna be amazing :-D

The training team should be announced early next week apparently. (:

Advertisement