Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG S4 - critical low on space but cannot move files

Options
  • 02-12-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

My phone is constantly telling me I am low on space - at this moment only 77 mb free

but when i look at the folders through "my computer" it says 9 gb used but i cannot locate where the largest amount of data is ? I have looked at properties of all folders and cannot find any mass of data.. nothing over 100 mg other than the "obb" subfolder in "AZndroid"

I see 1 gb in an "Android" folder - can I move this to the external sd card ?

I moved all the photos to the external sd card but if I look at setting on the phones menu it says 2 gb in "gallery"

help please !!

EDIT: found 4 gb in "Downloads" - podcasts etc - but had previously moved all of them to the sd card ? very very strange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

My phone is constantly telling me I am low on space - at this moment only 77 mb free

but when i look at the folders through "my computer" it says 9 gb used but i cannot locate where the largest amount of data is ? I have looked at properties of all folders and cannot find any mass of data.. nothing over 100 mg other than the "obb" subfolder in "AZndroid"

I see 1 gb in an "Android" folder - can I move this to the external sd card ?

I moved all the photos to the external sd card but if I look at setting on the phones menu it says 2 gb in "gallery"

help please !!

EDIT: found 4 gb in "Downloads" - podcasts etc - but had previously moved all of them to the sd card ? very very strange

Android is sadly dence when I comes to space. Try moving your "apps to SD". There where a couple of apps to this for 2.x not sure about 4.x. Also look at your apps cash, Google music for example keeps recent files localy which can easily suck up 2gb. Any app that shows images, Tumblr etc are also big culprits .

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Make sure you only move stuff that does not have background processes to the SD Card.

Otherwise you may have performance problems.

Advertisement