Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Sponsorship

Options
  • 02-12-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

We are thinking of sponsoring our local club. I was wondering does any one know how much it would cost to sponsor the senior team? The club is currently competing in intermediate and would be a mid table team.

Do you pay a fee every year? Or does the sponsor just buy the jerseys?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Theres no correct answer to your question as club sponsorship can be on any level. Some sponsors just buy Jerseys for the club and put their names on them job done.

Others are main club sponsors and may agree a certain sum for an agreed period. The success of the club and the exposure the sponsor needs and gets determines the sum involved and probably the longevity of the partnership.

One of our local compaines sponsors a major fundraising event each year - this is a big day for the club and due to wide exposure, the sponsor is delighted to be associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

Fatswaldo wrote: »
    Theres no correct answer to your question as club sponsorship can be on any level. Some sponsors just buy Jerseys for the club and put their names on them job done.

Others are main club sponsors and may agree a certain sum for an agreed period. The success of the club and the exposure the sponsor needs and gets determines the sum involved and probably the longevity of the partnership.

One of our local compaines sponsors a major fundraising event each year - this is a big day for the club and due to wide exposure, the sponsor is delighted to be associated with it.

Thanks was just wondering I want to have an idea what to expect before I approach a committee member. I'm thinking the jerseys with with a small sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Was involved in ordering jerseys for a team last year. Just to give you an idea of what a set cost, I think ours cost about 975 quid for 26 from O'Neill's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

BERmad wrote: »
    Thanks was just wondering I want to have an idea what to expect before I approach a committee member. I'm thinking the jerseys with with a small sum.

If you are looking for publicity you should think outside the box a bit e.g. sponsoring the first aid requirements of the club or supplying the club with a Defibrillator and sponsoring the cost of training a group in its use. Stuff like that can be pumped out to the local newspapers, radio station as it is different from the traditional "Paddy Joes Bar presenting jerseys story".
    It is likely to catch the eye of more people as it is a different angle
    You can have the announcement first, then when the people are trained up have a photo opportunity with you presenting the Defibrillator to the Chairman and Certificates to the trained people.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Hi there

sorry to pull up an old thread but how does the "sponsor" claim back some tax against purchasing the jerseys or can it be written off as an expense?

thanks

Kaiser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Hi there

sorry to pull up an old thread but how does the "sponsor" claim back some tax against purchasing the jerseys or can it be written off as an expense?

thanks

Kaiser

the business pays the bill via an invoice

claims back the VAT and puts in the cost as a business expense (I don't know how much they get)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kaiserrussel

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    the business pays the bill via an invoice

claims back the VAT and puts in the cost as a business expense (I don't know how much they get)

Thanks for the response, so lets say then th ecost for togs/socks and jersey was 800. sponsor can claim back the VAT and then write off the rest as expenses at end of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Thanks for the response, so lets say then th ecost for togs/socks and jersey was 800. sponsor can claim back the VAT and then write off the rest as expenses at end of year?

Thats pretty much it. The VAT they pay is deducted from the VAT they owe Revenue, reducing their VAT bill. The rest of the cost is probably put down as a marketing expense

Advertisement