Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S3 screen glass broken

Options
  • 02-12-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

The screen glass of my Android Galaxy S3 has been broken. Broken means, there are scratches at the screen glass. That's all. The mobile is working properly as well as touch screen.

Now, I need to change the screen glass only and searched QQ Cafe and iRepair in Waterford city centre but they are quite expensive and exceed my budget.

Anybody has any idea or recommended shop or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The screen glass of my Android Galaxy S3 has been broken. Broken means, there are scratches at the screen glass. That's all. The mobile is working properly as well as touch screen.

Now, I need to change the screen glass only and searched QQ Cafe and iRepair in Waterford city centre but they are quite expensive and exceed my budget.

Anybody has any idea or recommended shop or anything?

I think that most places will only change the glass and digitizer together as one. There is a way to get just the glass off, but will someone do it i dont know.

Cheapest i've seen is about €120.

Unless you can do it yourself thats what your looking at.

I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

I have sent 3 friends to this guy and all have sung his praises.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/iphone-repair/110862225658516

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

mytime wrote: »
    I have sent 3 friends to this guy and all have sung his praises.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/iphone-repair/110862225658516

Do they just fix I-phones as the original post was about fixing a galaxy s3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Nokia shop on the Quay done mine for me 130 good price

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Yes he fixed a friends galaxy tab screen. I think he can replace most screens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The problem with the S3 is that the screen (plastic outer bit) and the digitizer (the LCD) are so close together that you risk cracking the digitizer if you attempt to remove the screen only. I broke the LCD on my S3 and didn't ahve a whole lot of money either, so i bought this and replaced it myself. Fairly simple if you have a head for these things. Cost me €80 in total i believe.

Just saw that he no longer delivers to Ireland... :(

Advertisement