Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway - where to get my Alienware laptop repaired?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey!

So I made the mistake of investing in a gaming laptop, which I regret now as I've had a lot of problems with it. Screen flickering, crashes, the laptop getting insanely hot when playing certain games etc.

A few months ago the laptop crashed and I've been unable to reboot it since. It beeps 8 times when I turn it on and there's no way to access the Bios or power it up.

Apparently this beep code is for LCD failure, but I've read on some Dell forum boards that it can be a lot of different stuff.

Can any of you recommend a shop in Galway that might be able to repair this without having to pay a fortune for it? I wouldn't mind paying 2-300 euros for it, but if it's more expensive I probably wouldn't go for it.

It's an Alienware mx 18, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would connect up a monitor by hdmi and use the function keys to tell the laptop to use an external screen it's usually fn + a num key at the top of the keyboard . This might be able indicate wether it's a screen issue or graphics issue .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The 8 beeps from laptop could mean screen , motherboard or graphics failure . To check it's not your gpu take out the power adapter and start up your laptop because the integrated card will be enabled automatically .

Advertisement