Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customs taxes

Options
  • 02-12-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Q1
    Just wondering if any one can tell me if i will be taxed if I got a item via a rewrds program from like an airline company. I did not purchased the electronic goods but its part of the mileage i redeem for an electronic goods...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If the gift value exceeds the limit and it's delivered from outside of EU yes you will. Same way if it was a christmas present sent over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 denreb23

The limit here is the price and not the quantity right? Can conclude that a gift is zero value since it is a gift

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

denreb23 wrote: »
    The limit here is the price and not the quantity right? Can conclude that a gift is zero value since it is a gift
    You can claim it's valued at zero and the customs will estimate it's retail value and use that for calculation instead because that's the actual value of interest (retail value).

Advertisement