Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my son clairvoyant?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I have an 11yr old and there are far too many 'experiences' for me to detail here, but practically every day something happens, he will mention a person and we will meet them ten minutes later, he will start to sing a song, and two minutes later it will come on the radio, he often gets a 'sad feeling' and inevitably will arrive home from school that day telling me a class mates grandparent has passed away (this actually happened to him last year, and a teacher had passed away during the night).

So we were picking up our new dog recently - she is a pup, and I had been told about her from a friend of a friend, who knew a lady ten miles from us, looking to re-home a dog. I rang the lady and we chatted for about 10 minutes, agreeing that myself and the young lad would drop down to her later that afternoon to chat further and meet the dog.

The lady had told me the dogs name was dolly - in the car, my lad said he didn't really like that name, and wanted to call the dog J.J. instead. I said that J.J. was a bit of a mans name, and was usually used for James John or similar..he said we could use Jospephine Joan perhaps and he really liked the name J.J. We agreed that we would wait until he saw the dog before deciding.

We knocked at the door and the lady was at the shop, but her husband let us in, offered us a cuppa and let us meet the dog. We were there about five minutes and he said 'Sorry for being so rude, I'm J.J.'
    Needless to say, myself and my sons jaws dropped!!

What is this - is it clairvoyance - can he tap into it in any other way - too many things have happened for it to be a coincidence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Fittle wrote: »
    I have an 11yr old and there are far too many 'experiences' for me to detail here, but practically every day something happens, he will mention a person and we will meet them ten minutes later, he will start to sing a song, and two minutes later it will come on the radio, he often gets a 'sad feeling' and inevitably will arrive home from school that day telling me a class mates grandparent has passed away (this actually happened to him last year, and a teacher had passed away during the night).

So we were picking up our new dog recently - she is a pup, and I had been told about her from a friend of a friend, who knew a lady ten miles from us, looking to re-home a dog. I rang the lady and we chatted for about 10 minutes, agreeing that myself and the young lad would drop down to her later that afternoon to chat further and meet the dog.

The lady had told me the dogs name was dolly - in the car, my lad said he didn't really like that name, and wanted to call the dog J.J. instead. I said that J.J. was a bit of a mans name, and was usually used for James John or similar..he said we could use Jospephine Joan perhaps and he really liked the name J.J. We agreed that we would wait until he saw the dog before deciding.

We knocked at the door and the lady was at the shop, but her husband let us in, offered us a cuppa and let us meet the dog. We were there about five minutes and he said 'Sorry for being so rude, I'm J.J.'

What is this - is it clairvoyance - can he tap into it in any other way - too many things have happened for it to be a coincidence.

Wow...that is amazing, haven't got a clue what he's tapping into but have you tested him...there is a football match on tv tonight ask him what score will it be and who'll win, score etc...I would test him...is he frightened by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Fascinating :) But I think the thread would be better served in the Paranormal Forum rather than Mysteries of the Unexplained.

Thread Moved, Paranormal Forum Charter now applies

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

My sister was really like that when she was a child but seems to have outgrown it which is a pity, would be cool if you could help nurture it in some way. I'm sure there's exercises, does he feel he's tapping into something ?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tbh, I wouldn't try to develop it right now. Let it evolve if it will, but don't make a big deal of it. He may develop it naturally, or he may grow out of it. Something like this may be interesting, but it has some massive downsides. It can cause confusion or fear in him, have him mocked by others, or distract him from the normal things he should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Any chance you could teach your son about the lotto, we could be onto a serious winner with this one.

Apologies for any offence caused by this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Fittle, is there anyone else in you or your OHs families who is clairvoyant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Very common. Happens to me all the time - I'll be thinking about ringing a particular friend and the phone will ring with them on the other end. (Handy for the phone bill!)

I had a doctor years ago, from a long line of doctors in his family, and he said that he could smell particular illnesses and diagnose from the smell - he was known as a superb diagnostician - and that when the phone rang he'd nearly always know both who was on the other end and what was wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Isn't one of the tests something you do with Playing Cards or something. You shuffle the deck obviously and lay out 10 cards face down and he's says which ones they are and then you turn them over one after another and if he gets 7 out of 10 correct or something in a few of the tests then he does have ESP or whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I had a couple of aunts who were 'clairvoyant' - one read your tealeaves, but I'm not sure how real it all was to be honest, and she's long gone.
    My brother is the 7th son of the 7th son and used to experience similar stuff growing up - although I remember him predicting things specifically (he felt odd the night before our dad died, saying someone was going to die, though our dad hadn't been sick).
    I have often asked him about the lotto numbers, but no joy I'm afraid!
    I'm currently out of work and he says I'll get a new job after Xmas and will be 'helping people' (my previous jobs weren't like this at all)...had another couple of incidents since I wrote the original post - I'll try that card trick, thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any update? That's an amazing gift to have. Often most children have these abilities but most seem to grow out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oxandbucks

redrum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

oxandbucks wrote: »
    redrum

Please respect the forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Spiritiser

i disagree. the dog was not jj there was aan who happened to be present called jj. It was not a school friends grandparent but a teacher.
    You are just stretching what happens to fit your own confirmation bias
    and engaging in selective attention

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Spiritiser wrote: »
    i disagree. the dog was not jj there was aan who happened to be present called jj. It was not a school friends grandparent but a teacher.
    You are just stretching what happens to fit your own confirmation bias
    and engaging in selective attention
    Exactly what I was going to say. Confirmation bias is very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Donaldio

Anyway i think people can have this experiance to some degree whether a good or bad thing. I suppose it might make very little differnce to a persons own fate or life in that it would still be in there own hands what kind of life they live. Foresight or clairvoyance (clear vision) might have little impact on them personally unless they were emotionaly upset or freaked out by it allot or were fully blown meeting dead peope all the time. But still i think youd have the same responsibilitys as a normal person.
    Also i think it is said children or young people have this happen more easy like useing a child to channel or be a seer in a ritual thing.

Also its prob not necessary for a clairvoyant to be believed for them what they have is the actual experiance of being clairvoyant which is more real than some elses beleif or disbeleif. If such thing exists in the first place of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Oryx wrote: »
    Tbh, I wouldn't try to develop it right now. Let it evolve if it will, but don't make a big deal of it. He may develop it naturally, or he may grow out of it. Something like this may be interesting, but it has some massive downsides. It can cause confusion or fear in him, have him mocked by others, or distract him from the normal things he should be doing.

I agree with oryx, I wouldn't suggest testing. let him be a child and enjoy childhood. There will be plenty of time in later life to develop his ability if he so chooses.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

so interesting! Any update since?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Is my son clairvoyant?
    No

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Clairvoyance

Advertisement