Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audrey Hepburn style

Options
  • 02-12-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've a wedding coming up very soon and I have a dress, however I'm looking to accessorize it with formal gloves.....just like the gloves Audrey Hepburn wears from the famous pose for 'Breakfast at Tiffanys'.....I havnt much time to shop around for these gloves...would anyone please know where I could possibly get them???

I'm be soooo grateful, thanks in.advance!

See the link...
    http://caitlinjane14.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Having exhausted Glitzi Bitz, Claires Accessories, BT etc for long formal gloves for a black tie do I have coming up, I can only advise to use Ebay. I could not find gloves anywhere on the high street and bought with blind faith on Ebay and I am delighted with my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

dollybird2 wrote: »
    Having exhausted Glitzi Bitz, Claires Accessories, BT etc for long formal gloves for a black tie do I have coming up, I can only advise to use Ebay. I could not find gloves anywhere on the high street and bought with blind faith on Ebay and I am delighted with my purchase.

Thanks for your reply, yeah it's impossible to find them on the high street! I may have to resort to Amazon or eBay, like you have suggested :(...Ideally i would prefer to find them in a shop so i can at least see if they fit properly! But if it's not to be then the internet it's my only chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

They had them in Costelloe and Costelloe last time I was there. They're on Chatham St which is pretty close to Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Aoifums wrote: »
    They had them in Costelloe and Costelloe last time I was there. They're on Chatham St which is pretty close to Stephen's Green.

Thanks a bunch.....but I'm in Cork :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Sorry. Just be careful with Ebay if you go down that route. I bought gloves there a couple of years back and they were really bad quality. There were in bits by the end of the day and my hands felt awful in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Debenhams often have satin gloves. I don't know if they have elbow length, but it's worth a try.

Advertisement