Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi, im thinking about busking with my band in dublin city centre, im curious to know how a band may power the equipment other than Roland street amps.
    I see bands like Mutefish and Keywest with nearly a full rig on grafton street any ideas on how to get power will be appriciated
    thank
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

What are you looking to power? If you go too much, 1. The Gardai will tell you where to go and 2. People walking by will be annoyed instead of entertained. Name suggests your a bassist. Thats always hard for busking unless you have an acoustic bass as all street amps tend not to sound very good for bass. Either way, dont go too far on amplification. If you amplify 2 guitars, bass and vocal you will be moved on pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Adambass15

ye three amps thats it, i was on grafton street on friday i saw three bands play and fully kitted out with far bigger amps than required, there seemed to be no trouble with the gaurds,
    thanks

Advertisement