Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigation App disappeared

Options
  • 01-12-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before but did a search and could not find it here. I have Google Maps on my HTC and a separate Navigation App which was a godsend to me. It would seem that google maps was updated and the Nav app disappeared. I uninstalled Google Maps so the nav app reappeared but is not working like it did. It cannot seem to find my location even though I have GPS and google services enabled. I also restarted the phone. When I reinstall Google maps I am just given an option to reinstall the update hence the navigation app disappears again. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Nothing, its built into maps. type where you want to go and the navigation comes into play

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

I know with the new update it is built in to maps but there I understood there was a way to uninstall the update and get it back to working as it did before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

angeline wrote: »
    I know with the new update it is built in to maps but there I understood there was a way to uninstall the update and get it back to working as it did before.

You can go into app manager, select the map app and cluck uninstall updates, but i dont think thats gonna make any difference in getting the nav app back.

Yeah it does get the app back. I went in to settings, then apps, then cleared cache and data and uninstalled. Then on returning to home screen the Navigation App is back. This seems to work perfectly for most people and while the app is back for me it just is not working as google maps is gone with just the factory reset. It can't find my location at all...

I've decided to just use the navigation through the new update...

• Advertisement
Advertisement