Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 new tariff... been done....

Options
  • 01-12-2013 6:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭

I am writing this post to help others understand the problems I have had with 02 Pay-as-you-go.

Here is my scenario:

For a long time I have been on a great tariff whereby if I topped up €20 every month I go free 02 to 02 calls and free texts...fantastic deal and I was so happy!

then....

I got a friendly call from and 02 operative, offering me a better tariff whereby if I paid €20 per month i got free landline calls, all mobile networks and texts ....FANTASTIC!! WHAT A BRILLIANT OFFER!! so all I had to do was top up every month and 10 would be taken out from the plan to pay for the free calls etc and then I had to opt for an add on bundle for my free 250 texts...this also cost 10euro...thereby my 20 would be spent and happy days I would be covered for that whole month ...

THIS IS WHERE I HAVE BEEN DONE ( I feel)...

I have been on an off the phone/live chat with 02 to explain that I am actually paying out more for the tariff as unknown to me, the €20 has to be paid at a certain period during the month - ok that should be ok I thought but no...I seem to be paying €40 now ever month...why I do not know - I get this random text saying that I have to top up a certain period every month - if I do not have enough credit on my phone then I don't get the free 250 text messages...I have been scammed me thinks!

so my advise is - don't take an offer if you are happy with the tariff you are on...as my mam say's you get nothing for free these days...I am moving to Meteor...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you checked your call history on the o2 site?

Once you topup, you get 30 days from then. Texts are not included as you know, but you can use the remaining €10 for addon bundles. You may not have any credit, and you will get the reminder of this, but you can still make calls for the remainder of the 30 days.

You can view the last time you topped up also on the o2 site, and you just add 30 days for when you need to topup again. Topping up on the first of the month may be the best thing to remember always to do it then.

You should also be able to switch to the unlimited o2 calls and texts for the €20 like you were on before. It may not be the exact same plan, you might have been on 'More' were it is now called 'Freedom o2 to o2'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭nikinova

Thanks Davy, your info was really helpful! Thank you

Advertisement