Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good garage for car service

Options
  • 01-12-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I am living in Limerick but not from Limerick myself. I need to get my car serviced and was just wondering does anyone know of any good, reliable and preferably not too expensive garages near castletroy that would do a good service and pre-nct check.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Cross Road Motors off the Ballysimon road, excellent service 061 330034

• Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭phog

I had a similar query here about two years back and was recommended to try CMC in Clondrinagh, had a slight issue first time (missed appointment) there but gave him a 2nd go and haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

I was recommended from similar thread pj's garage on Ennis Road, opposite Jetland.
    He did great job , full service, and I recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'd be inclined to go through the NCT first, then get the list, off to mechanic and get her serviced while fixing any issues brought up from the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, the best pre NCT check is the NCT test itself, let them tell you what is wrong and then get it fixed. These pre NCT checks are a waste of money imo and all they do is check things that commonly fail and still not guarantee the car will pass it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hope this isn't a zombie.
    Need to service diesel car.
    Is RS Auto still favourable amongst the boardsies here in Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Aidan Frahill (Seamus McGrath Motors)

http://www.seamusmcgrathmotors.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hope this isn't a zombie.
    Need to service diesel car.
    Is RS Auto still favourable amongst the boardsies here in Limerick?

I think RS Auto shut up shop, AFAIK Mike retired.

DOBBER112 wrote: »
    Aidan Frahill (Seamus McGrath Motors)

http://www.seamusmcgrathmotors.com/

Might give them a call, thanks.
    Looks like a nice facility and glad to see independents doing well. Are they reasonably priced? If I go to Citroen dealer (I have a Citroen), it is €249 for full service. Am I likely to save anything much by going with McGrath's (Aidan)? I will call them after lunch but if anyone knows in meantime...

Called them.
    Seems costly enough!

SMcGraths quoted €200 - €220
    Citroen are €249 and do their checks based on their model.
    Advance pitstop are €175 and they do their 35 point thing with filters/ oils etc changed

I'll have a think about it.
    At that price, the margin is too low to NOT go to main dealer citroen and at least have that in my maintenance book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

hann auto in roxboro car park across the road from roxboro guard station

Went out to Keith's place in Clondrinagh in the end.
    Lovely fella actually, as a friend of mine who knows him said, the kind of guy you could have a pint with :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Called them.
    Seems costly enough!

SMcGraths quoted €200 - €220
    Citroen are €249 and do their checks based on their model.
    Advance pitstop are €175 and they do their 35 point thing with filters/ oils etc changed

I'll have a think about it.
    At that price, the margin is too low to NOT go to main dealer citroen and at least have that in my maintenance book.

Aidan has all the computerized equipment that the main dealer has and his reputation is second to none for problem solving. There is a reason Aidan is trusted by so many Taxi owners in Limerick. He gets the job done and is very honest. If you want to save money then buy the service parts yourself and ask for a quote for labour only :) You could also try Brendan Butler in Reabogue, his price is €150. He's a gent but a very busy gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Went out to Keith's place in Clondrinagh in the end.
    Lovely fella actually, as a friend of mine who knows him said, the kind of guy you could have a pint with :-)

did you save much over the other quotes ?

Advertisement