Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you think of a 17 year old who hasn't kissed?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am a 17 year old girl who has never kissed a boy. It's not that I don't want to but I haven't been interested in many guys or if I have liked them it wasn't mutual. I have been asked a few times but I have said no as I didn't like those guys. I am not waiting for Mr. Perfect but I don't see the point in kissing guys just so I can come into school and tell everybody.

Do you think I should just score with a guy because that is what my year expects me to do? (i am often made fun of because I haven't)

What age did you have your first kiss? Did you like that person? Do you regret it?

Also, any ideas on how I could meet some nice guys as most of the boys in my year are idiots?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Do it when you feel comfortable to do it, and with someone you like/trust.

It's not a race and it really doesn't matter what anyone else has or has not done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

What would I think of a 17 year old who hasn't kissed?
    I think they are perfectly fine, and that's coming from a 17 y/o lad. It doesn't matter when you first kiss someone. I never got the point of going from girl to girl 6 or 7 times a night in first year so I never did it. I did it when it felt right to me and not the ones in my year.

Do I think you should just score with a guy because that is what your year expects you to do?
    No. Not unless you really feel the need to but I understand what it's like to be made fun of over it.

What age did I have my first kiss?
    I had it at 15.

Did I like that person?
    I talked to her for a bit before it and she seemed down to earth and from that anyway, so yeah, I liked her.

Do I regret it?
    I don't regret by any means 'cause it was my own decision to do it.

Also, any ideas on how you could meet some nice guys as most of the boys in your year are idiots?
    I found it's a lot easier to enjoy myself on a night out where there's not a lot of people I know e.g less than 5 because there's nobody looking over your shoulder kinda. You said most of the lads in your year are idiots, but what about the other lads, is there anyone in that group you like enough to kiss? If there is, and you feel the need to score to get the rest off your back, the answer may lie there.

Thank you so much!
    You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Personally, I'm 17 and if you're 17 and haven't kissed someone, it's fine as long as you're honest about it. Personally, I had my first kiss when I was 15 and have kissed about 50 girls, but I will be honest and say at times I regret this, out of those 50 girls, I only personally know one of them, and even I don't like her personality. And other than that one girl, my interaction with all of those girls has been very brief, 20 minutes at most and that would be rare. While I'll admit, I find it fun going out with my mates and trying to get as many "meets" as possible, if that's not what you're into, that's grand. If you want, try kissing a boy some time and see what you think then, if you don't see the point, don't do it just to fit into social "norms", honestly, if I was a girl, I would not see myself as someone respectful that I'd want to have as a boyfriend. So while I'm not gonna say I regret going down the path I did because it has given me some fun times, I do sometimes wish I did wait until I found someone who I truly loved or at least had some kind of feelings for before kissing someone, so do what you want, while some people may make fun of you, the majority of those people are likely idiots that will amount to nothing in life anyway, anyone smart won't care and will form their opinion on you based on what you're like as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Na don't force yourself into it. I didn't kiss a girl till I was 16 and even at that was a month before I kissed my gf . Still ultra shy today takes time not big into the whole shifting thing. If you want to wait till u have someone wait and don't do it because everyone else is doing it. You'll appriciate it more being your first kiss with someone you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I had my first kiss when I was 18. She later became my girlfriend and we went out for about 6 months.

Didn't lose my virginity until I was nearly 20. Turning 22 tomorrow and luckily I'm still with her.

No regrets! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

What's the rush, take your time, good things come to those who wait, it will all happen in it's own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

I know it may seem like this is a huge deal right now, but HONESTLY it isn't. Do it whenever you feel it's right.
    Ignore the people making fun of you. It probably seems like everyone has kissed someone, but in reality they more than likely haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

AliceRyan wrote: »
    I am a 17 year old girl who has never kissed a boy. It's not that I don't want to but I haven't been interested in many guys or if I have liked them it wasn't mutual. I have been asked a few times but I have said no as I didn't like those guys. I am not waiting for Mr. Perfect but I don't see the point in kissing guys just so I can come into school and tell everybody.

Do you think I should just score with a guy because that is what my year expects me to do? (i am often made fun of because I haven't)

What age did you have your first kiss? Did you like that person? Do you regret it?

Also, any ideas on how I could meet some nice guys as most of the boys in my year are idiots?

Thank you so much!

I think I had kissed maybe 3 girls before finding my first girlfriend at age 16, and now I'm 21 and getting engaged to that same girl.

Don't believe anything about kissing so many frogs to find your Prince, take your time and wait for someone who understands your situation. Never let anyone (friends/boyfriends) pressure you into something like this. Take it at your own pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Victoria Fortescue

AliceRyan wrote: »
    Firstly, it is only circumstantial that you haven't kissed a boy, based on the first bit in bold. There is literally nothing wrong with that! Secondly, you've a mature head on your shoulders. Your friends poke fun, but lets just face it, they probably fast-tracked their own first kisses to 'fit in'. To answer your question about whether we liked the guy we first kissed, yes I did. He was funny and cute to me, but I won't tell you at what age, because that is completely irrelevant :)

Advertisement