Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my phone may be bugged

Options
  • 01-12-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

In the last couple of days there has been a beep on my iphone before my phone connects to a call. The beep is the exact same as the one on mobile phone answer machines. I was thinking it may be bugged perhaps?

Its become a bit of a worry because I don't want someone listening in on my calls.

If anyone knows what this could be I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

In the last couple of days there has been a beep on my iphone before my phone connects to a call. The beep is the exact same as the one on mobile phone answer machines. I was thinking it may be bugged perhaps?

Its become a bit of a worry because I don't want someone listening in on my calls.

If anyone knows what this could be I would be very grateful.

Thanks

in all seriousness, you genuinely believe that, go to the gardai and/or your network provider

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

The off network tone had got more pronounced on my phone over the last number of days. In with Three. Previously it was never even noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markdolan999

neilmulvey wrote: »
    in all seriousness, you genuinely believe that, go to the gardai and/or your network provider

I was thinking of ging to the gardai but don't want to waste their time if I'm wrong . Just wanted someone to confirm that this is a sign of bugging

ballooba wrote: »
    The off network tone had got more pronounced on my phone over the last number of days. In with Three. Previously it was never even noticeable.

What is an "off network" tone. I'm with three also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Could it be notification that you have a voicemail?

Alterntatively, that used to happen whenever I rang someone who had ported their number to another network. I would then know that for example an 087 number was no longer on Vodafone.

• Advertisement

What is an "off network" tone. I'm with three also
    Calling a non three number. It is to warn you that off network charges will apply.

ballooba wrote: »
    Calling a non three number. It is to warn you that off network charges will apply.

Could just be that then. Would that sound like an answer phone beep?? But I am unlimited calls to any network with three so off network charges do not apply to me!

I usually work on the assumption that people aren't on three given their scale relative to the big two. Hence why I never missed it before. I would be confident that is what you are hearing.

Mr.S wrote: »
    That's not how phone bugging works!

Your fine, it's either your phone alerting to something or your network informing your calling a different network.

Cool thanks everyone. Just got a bit wierded out because it sounded like an answer phone was starting to record at the beginning of my calls. Not that i would be having conversations on national security but still wouldnt want someone listening in. But thinking of it now I wouldn't have been ringing three to three so it makes sense that an off network alert would ring.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
Advertisement