Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Festool hold their value in Ireland?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

I know the answer over on FOG would be yes with respect to most of the rest of the world but I am wondering about here in Ireland in particular given the state of the industry.

Over the course if the next year or so I plan to do extensive work on the house involving wood. ie. some structural like new stairs and some stud work, some decorative like wainscoting, plantation shutters, Victorian window shutters, architraves, solid wood floors, retreading and respindling another set of stairs, and lots of furniture including built in wardrobes, display shelves, alcove units, end of bed TV lift units and even a long floor unit to house a projection screen that rises out of the top. I'll also be doing some stuff for outside to include window planters, potting table, and bench with built in planters, outdoor table, green roof garden and decking, most outdoor stuff in Ipe with some bathroom decorative treatments in IPe also.

As I'm doing all this myself over the next 24 months and family have to live with this while it's going on I need to be as clean as possible. Obviously festool are renowned for their dust extraction abilities so they went to the top of my list.

However, they aren't the cheapest of Powertools. :D I was going to take them off the list as a result after toting up the bill for what I'd need. However I then got thinking again. They are going to get plenty of DIY use over the next 24 months but when compared to a 'working' tool, at the end of the 24 months they would effectively be barely 'run-in'. If I could even get 50% back from them after selling at the end of the 24 months then effectively they'd have cost me the same as cheaper tools which would have much less resale value and yet been able to avail of all the benefits of using Festools.

What say you? Am I dreaming that I could get 50% back on them after 24 months of DIY use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

They defiantly hold there value here in Ireland!! I have a bunch if festools for work everyday and I wouldn't be without them. The most important thing to get with any of them is a festool extractor. You only need one festool extractor that will connect to all the festool tools.

Advertisement