Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Having trouble deciding on a tablet

Options
  • 30-11-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I've been thinking about buying a tablet for a while now as I do a lot of travelling so it would be great to have a portable device for movies, reading and possibly doing so word processing/work on the go if needed.

I have been offered this tablet (new) at a discounted price but am unfamiliar with the brand, has anyone used these before?

http://www.my-go.co/en/project/7-85-inch-gotab-mini-quad-core-ips-android-jelly-bean-tablet-gtq785/

I would love one with a lightweight detachable keyboard (a bluetooth keyboard, or one fitted into a sleeve) as - like I said - it would be handy to have the ability to write on the move. Battery life is also a big concern, don't want to buy one that dies after a couple of hours. That is why I have been looking at the Asus Transformer range, but I don't know if the older models are worth looking into or are they severyly outdated now??

Am I living in a dream world when trying to meet all these criteria for under 300?? could probably stretch to 350Euro at most.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm currently in the market for a tablet too and was looking at the Toshiba 10" Pure, it's available on Soundstore.ie for €299. There's a case with keyboard available with bluetooth conection.

Other than that I can't offer much more.

Advertisement