Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Irish Mobile From UK Landline?

Options
  • 30-11-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

As I understand it mobile phone numbers in the Replic of Ireland start with 08 and they are normally written as 08X XXX XXXX

I'm trying to call a mobile number in the Republic from Northern Ireland but am having trouble. What if any thing should I put in front of the number.

The number I am trying to dial is 087 70 xx xx x. Any idea what's going wrong.

ps Any idea what Network that is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

drop the 0 ( 353 87 70 xx xx x)

could be any network

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

kah22 wrote: »
    As I understand it mobile phone numbers in the Replic of Ireland start with 08 and they are normally written as 08X XXX XXXX

I'm trying to call a mobile number in the Republic from Northern Ireland but am having trouble. What if any thing should I put in front of the number.

The number I am trying to dial is 087 70 xx xx x. Any idea what's going wrong.

ps Any idea what Network that is?

If you are ringing from outside the RoI you need to ring the international area code for Ireland

so 00353 87 70X XXXX

Advertisement