Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super cheap but not completely rubbish tablet?

Options
  • 30-11-2013 4:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a few threads on bargain alerts for incredibly cheap android tablets for about €30 etc - I'm sure some of them are absolutely awful - but is there any which are even half decent just for browsing the web? I want to buy 2 for Christmas presents, would need delivery before xmas.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

i dont think it would be worth buying a tablet under 50euro

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So any at the €50 mark that would be recommended?

One of these is for my dad who probably would not notice the difference between a €30 tablet and an iPad even if I showed him

all i did was check amazon i looked at a few tablets and the reviews and many people seem to have bought it for their young kids or parents and they are really happy with themhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Allwinner-1-0GHz-Android-Tablet/dp/B0099NPR4S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385827860&sr=8-1&keywords=tablet+under+%C2%A350

• Advertisement

Asus Memo Pad if you can stretch. Probably the cheapest tablet you can buy with 1GB Ram. If you're buying 2 use TDX-7DXM to get them for £49 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Zascar wrote: »
    So any at the €50 mark that would be recommended?

One of these is for my dad who probably would not notice the difference between a €30 tablet and an iPad even if I showed him

Don't take this the wrong way, but a dog with a mallet up it's a*se would notice the difference, the 2012 nexus 7 is your benchmark for a usable tablet on the cheap. Anything less is just heartache.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I would not expect a cheap tablet to be anywhere near the performance of a nexus or ipad etc, but I just want something that will be used for browsing facebook and the web. I'm sure one of the cheaper tablets can do that - I know it will be a bit slow but I dont think my dad is going to care or even notice. His computer he uses for hours a day is dog slow - I offered to do a reinstall to make it run quicker and he said it does not bother him.

So, a quick search on amazon find this - the reviews are not bad! Although the battery is fairly rubbish. Are there any others? Does anyone have a cheap tablet they would recommend?

That's just your usual $50 Allwinner Chinese tablet that you're trying to avoid (and it will be shipped from Hong Kong so might not arrive in time for Xmas). Like I said, I'd get the tablet I recommended early for £10 more, much better value. Much better specs and made by a well know brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I have one of those a13 512mb tablets
    It does what it says tin

Apps crash fhe odd time can be sluggish open browser etc but when you in its fine

• Advertisement

Thanks Aristotle sorry I must have missed your post only seeing it now. Looks like a good option!

Advertisement