Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Filter Paper

Options
  • 30-11-2013 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I have an old pair of binoculars that id like to use to look at the sun by applying baader solar filter paper. I know amazon sell it but ill be in Dublin city centre on sunday and was wondering if any of you know if there was a place there that I could pick it up? Or anywhere in Dublin in general? Ive never went looking for it before so not sure on how common it is.

Also anyone ever try it on their own telescopes/binoculars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

If you're out Swords way you could try www.scopesandspace.ie.

I've put a set on my binoculars and it worked fine.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Michael.

Did astronomy Ireland change their name?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Did astronomy Ireland change their name?

There's a thread about this somewhere. Carl and another guy from Astronomy Ireland opened this shop - its not affiliated to AI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Michael.

Thanks for the reply Michael. I didn't even have a chance to begin looking while in the city centre yesterday so i'll give scopes and space a try instead pretty soon.

Advertisement