Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 months enough to get all C's in Junior Cert 2014?Please help need to know badly

Options
  • 30-11-2013 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

so in 1st year i got mostly C's which I am happy with!

In 2nd year I got C's aswell but from February till the summer it just went down and in summer tests i mostly got D's.

Its 3rd year now and so far Ive just gotting D's aswell and im stressing out so much :'( Im going to start studying for the Junior Cert on 1st of December! Is 6 months enough time to get C's in my Junior cert? I dont mind if i fail 1 or 2 subjects just once the rest are mostly C's and maybe 1 or 2 D's!

Please be honest with me? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

6 months is a long time. If you work hard for 6 months you could do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LeeD1502

But 3 years work in 6 months? is it possible to get C's? Ive the mocks in February? I just want to do good to impress my parents as I have done some very messed up things in past to upset them when really they have only been trying to help me :'( also how can i keep the stress down as i get depressed and only bring my family down as its not fair as they only try to help me :'(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Starting Monday...
    Listen carefully in class.
    Do not leave the room not understanding something the teacher covered.
    Do all your homework as if they were the exam questions.

It's actually quite hard to fail a subject in the Junior Cert., you would need to leave out questions.
    You will do better than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

To add to what the last poster said -

Write down everything when you're studying. Write answers to questions, write notes, do exam papers.

Writing it all down will help you remember it. If you work hard, yes, you can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

It took me 3 months of hard study to get from a D on the mocks for maths to a B on the JC, on higher level.

Anything is possible once you put the work and over achieve, but I might add that the junior cert isn't always marked in your favor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

To the OP, you could probably get one or two As and a few Bs if you knuckled down from now.

By the end of 2nd year, I was a low B student and I really pushed forward after the Junior Cert Mocks and got As.

It was not because I was naturally more intelligent than most because that isn't true. I just made a lot of sacrifices.

Also, exam papers must be treated as your bible.

If you want any other help, feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Trust me you can do better. I didn't do tons of study. I just did what was asked of us. I did homework listened in class. One thing I would say EXAM PAPERS. They helped me out so much. I was a C in the maths pre turned into an A in the JC. I got a D in the science pre and a B in the JC. I went up in everything just from doing what was asked of you. Stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

LeeD1502 wrote: »
    But 3 years work in 6 months? is it possible to get C's? Ive the mocks in February? I just want to do good to impress my parents as I have done some very messed up things in past to upset them when really they have only been trying to help me :'( also how can i keep the stress down as i get depressed and only bring my family down as its not fair as they only try to help me :'(

Yes it is very possible. You could get all A's in that amount of time in higher level. Junior cert is very straightforward, most of the exams are learning facts anyways. (Except English of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Tbh doing 6 months of solid study should be more than enough to get Cs. You should be expecting all As and Bs. I did next to nothing last year up until the week before the exams started and I did a bit of revision then. I managed to get 4 As and 7 Bs so not too bad. I probably could have done better if I had done more study. I think this shows just how easy the JC is. The main things are listening in class and doing homework ( it's given for a reason )

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Caoimheee_15

Don't worry thats loads of time. I started studying at Christmas and got all As and Bs but you do have to work hard for those six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

cathalio11 wrote: »
    To the OP, you could probably get one or two As and a few Bs if you knuckled down from now.

By the end of 2nd year, I was a low B student and I really pushed forward after the Junior Cert Mocks and got As.

It was not because I was naturally more intelligent than most because that isn't true. I just made a lot of sacrifices.

Also, exam papers must be treated as your bible.

If you want any other help, feel free to PM me.

Hey, I'd really like some help please. I got mostly B's and A's in the Christmas exams. Could you share some study tips please? Like learning subjets (geography ect.) and ones like maths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Hey, I'd really like some help please. I got mostly B's and A's in the Christmas exams. Could you share some study tips please? Like learning subjets (geography ect.) and ones like maths

Geography involves a fair share of learning and even more bull****ting. Similar with history. For maths you really just have to practice and do exam papers. It's no coincidence that I got As in the subjects that we spent most time on exam papers. What choice subjects are you doing? If you're worrying about mocks coming up soon they really are just to get your timing right. I only got a D in English in the mocks but an A in the real thing. I improved in nearly everything going from mostly Cs to all As and Bs so just remember that the mocks really don't count for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NnaYllek

It's entirely possible! I went from mainly fails and Ds in my premocks to Bs and Cs in my actual junior cert. Just try your best to go to every class and do all your homework and you'll be sorted.
    For theory based subjects that require a lot of learning and reading I found those revision books like Less Stress More Success very useful so maybe invest in a few of them!

Advertisement