Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing App directly to SD Card for Samsung Galaxy mobile(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Howya Horse,

What kind of Samsung is it? I experienced a similar issue with an 8gb Samsung Galaxy s3 mini I was forced to use for a few weeks earlier this year while my 16Gb Galaxy S2 was away for repair.

Truth be told the 8gb storage was only 3-4Gb really after the pre-installed system memory & Apps were accounted for. So I had to cull about half my apps and media!! I tried all of the 'switch-to-SD card-memory' Apps on the Google Play store- none of them work.
    Something to do with the version of Jelly-bean it uses I believe..
    You could try rooting the thing I guess but this will void your warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

its a samsung y s 5363

is there a utube for rooting and what does rooting mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

horse7 wrote: »
    is there a utube for rooting and what does rooting mean?

Allows the user to access full file system, and not just restricted areas.

Also allows you to write to system areas not normally allowed, for safety sake.

You can also install Apps which require such access...if you don't know, be careful......do some reading and investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

... be careful......do some reading and investigate.

Definitely agree with this- I would do as much internet reading as possible on the subject before even attempting to root a device. You could do untold harm to the thing if you screw up the process and be left with a 'brick' instead of a phone.

Perhaps you might even consider upgrading / changing the phone with your carrier? The Samsung y s 5363 must be 3-4 years old now?

• Advertisement

i think mine is about 3 yrs old. the o2 site has them,and it says 4 gig user memory,which would be a lot better than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Im having the same problem with the galaxy young I cant seem to find an option thats saves music/video/picture files to my sd card instead of internal memory bit pointless having it if you cant use it or have to go through a lot of technical stuff to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

horse7 wrote: »

You should try that, you can always revert back to internal memory again.

Advertisement