Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flytying Club/Evening - North Dublin

Options
  • 29-11-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ALL

Anyone interested in setting up a Flytying session in North Dublin, either weekly or fortnightly? My Interest is in trout flies - Lough fishing primarily but I am open to organise for all types. Pike , salt water etc...

Just want to get some like minded people together and swap techniques,stories and ideas.

If you are interested please reply to this thread and i will be happy to source a venue and organise.

All levels, welcome.

Hipster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I would be interested i buy my flys but have been wanting to give tying my own a try for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

as someone that hunts what flies can be made from snipe or woodcock feathers as they've a nice pattern in the wing feathers

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

hipster

count me in. I tie mostly river trout flies but some lough ones as well as flies for perch, pike and bass. Live in D7 and happy enough to give/share a lift with others.

probably a bit ambitious to kick it off this side of Christmas but a great idea for the dark evenings of jan/feb.

if you need a hand with anything let me know.

as someone that hunts what flies can be made from snipe or woodcock feathers as they've a nice pattern in the wing feathers

snipe and purple & woodcock and Hare lug are two that spring to mind. great soft hackle patterns. if you have wings/skins going spare please donate to the new club. I will happily demo the above flies with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Count me in, I'm between D7 and Balbriggan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Rab c

Hi,
    yeat i am up for that let me no what night are were
    it is and ill be over

Tight Lines,
    Rab c

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

New to tying would love to see how some more experienced tyers do things. Count me in please. D11

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'm in Trim but wouldn't mind making the trip every couple of weeks. Count me in too.

PS. Hope you have a big table and the missus doesn't mind all the indentations from the vices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hipster50

Great response so far. I'm going to look at venues now and look at starting first week of Jan.

Guys, I presume Hipster is unable to run with this idea- I PMd him last week and have had no response... I am fairly sure there is a community hall in my general area which I think could be used. If folks are still up for a tying evening, I can found out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

I'm still on for it.

Advertisement