Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wonder if there are more

Options
  • 28-11-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I just met my neighbour, this time Steatoda grossa

the net is facing north side of the compass (perhaps due to lack of sun and wetter than south side)

s.g. has fallen from the net and tried to climb the door when I spotted it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

tp25 wrote: »

the net is facing north side of the compass (perhaps due to lack of sun and wetter than south side)

The significance of this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

FirstIn wrote: »
    to you none I imagine, if someone is allergic to bites then there is some significance to some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

FirstIn wrote: »

False black widow spider, bite can get your attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OP a couple of people have reported this post/thread. Could you please clarify - is the discussion specifically relevant to Greystones?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I honestly had no clue what you were talking about when I first read your post. Why so obtuse?

I have a heap of false black widows in my house. Sure they are grand. :)

1236239_10151830906926072_695866035_n.jpg

Sorry for the crummy quality.

The markings on some of them are incredible. The one above had a gold rim all the way around it's body and the design on it's back looked like the transformers symbol.

d31b0y wrote: »
    I honestly had no clue what you were talking about when I first read your post. Why so obtuse?

I have a heap of false black widows in my house. Sure they are grand. :)

1236239_10151830906926072_695866035_n.jpg

Sorry for the crummy quality.

The markings on some of them are incredible. The one above had a gold rim all the way around it's body and the design on it's back looked like the transformers symbol.

confirmed - this post relates to CL.

the spider I approached was an exactly same species as the one above

OP a couple of people have reported this post/thread. Could you please clarify - is the discussion specifically relevant to Greystones?

yes clarified - it is.

Moreover I think I have seen one years ago (the one at the time was huuuge, and I say huge means about inch.

http://www.gardenofireland.com/workbook/?tag=false-widow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

confirmed - this post relates to CL.

the spider I approached was an exactly same species as the one above

Ah, not quite I'm afraid. I have absconded from CL ;)

:( tonight i saw babies... the larger one I removed the other day must have been a female.

i will seek chemicals to treat the whole entrance area to the property

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thread moved to Zoology. It's not specifically relevant to Greystones forum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement