Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planed Dry Wood

Options
  • 28-11-2013 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi folks..
    I've not found myself in this corner of boards before so here goes..

I'm looking for recommendations for suppliers of planed timber.. Nothing exotic, white deal is grand..
    I'm looking for something 38 x 20 or close as possible.
    Needs to be fairly stable for making small frames, frames will live inside house all the time..
    I got some in woodies in the packs but its right expensive and I'm looking to save a few quid along the way...

Any ideas welcome... I'm located in Cavan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Unless there is a commercial application for a product, you won't find it in the shops. Roofing battens are close to your specs but it is rough timber - know any joiners with a thicknesser. ?
    White 'deal' ( Spruce ) is pretty unstable until it dries and there is wastage with knots. You might be better off buying yellow poplar and getting it planed to size. Its a tight grained timber almost free of knots and takes paint very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

Any builders providers should stock that or something close- off hand 44x 19mm PAO (2x 1" planed all round, imperial measurements refer to the nominal size, before machining) would be more common and a fraction of the cost that Woodies would charge.

Advertisement