Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Update - 5 days at stage 3 of 3

Options
  • 27-11-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi all,

Got a new server reinstalled last week.
    Ran a full Windows update and since last Saturday is sitting at this screen :

282262.jpg

All HyperV and networking services are working fine,except that i cannot access the desktop and/or any management consoles.

What options do you reckon i have here !?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Forgive me if this sounds silly, but i have come across similar before a couple of times and just pressing ctrl alt and del brings you to the logon screen. Have you tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

yes and no...i'm doing it remotely and Logmein kicks me out,breaks the connection !
    Could be "silly me" if that was all, i'll be on site Saturday and try it from local keyboard/mouse..i may owe you a nice virtual coffee ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

yes and no...i'm doing it remotely and Logmein kicks me out,breaks the connection !
    Could be "silly me" if that was all, i'll be on site Saturday and try it from local keyboard/mouse..i may owe you a nice virtual coffee ! :)

Will hold you to that ;) Even found an article on it. Looks like 2008R2 from the your screenshot so may well apply.

http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000640.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 46 neonic75

I assume you have no DRAC or iLO?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

mbroaders wrote: »
    Will hold you to that ;) Even found an article on it. Looks like 2008R2 from the your screenshot so may well apply.

http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000640.htm

Worked fine...
    I owe you a eCoffee... :)
    Regards

• Advertisement
Advertisement