Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop water entering a tank without a ballvalve

Options
  • 27-11-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Im looking to make a aeration tank for my well water. We have a slight smell of sulphur and i think a storage tank with a spray bar would cure this.

Is there any device available to control the water entering the tank without having to use a ball valve?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭oikster

Would a float switch be any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

How does that work? Does it attach to pipework?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Would a gate valve be any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

Gate valve would be no good. I need to control the water in the same manner as a ball valve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Explain exactly what you want to do as were only guessing here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

rekcaks wrote: »
    How does that work? Does it attach to pipework?

It is an electrical switch fixed above the tank with a float in the tank, when the tank is full it would switch off power to the pump supplying water to the tank, or you could have a motorized valve close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

motorised valve with a float switch then, float switch will cut the power to the motorised valve when it reaches the height in the tank and then the valve will shut off stopping the water

Advertisement