Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility Issues? [Gaming PC]

Options
  • 27-11-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I'm ordering these parts by the end of the week or so, and my budget is €400. I already have a case, monitor, OS, keyboard and mouse so I figured it would let me build a decent build for that price. I found a Youtube video for a $400 PC build and followed it. Here's my build, but according to PC part picker, there's an issue with the motherboard and case? Problem is, I already own the case, and can't afford to order another one :confused: The problem is with USB 3.0, and to be honest, I've never used that on my laptop, and don't know if I will for gaming, but if this means I can't fit the motherboard it's obviously a problem. So basically what I'm asking is, can I fit all the parts in this case and still get it to work? And if not, what is a compatible motherboard for the same price? (I'm ordering all these from HWVS) Here is the PC Part Picker link with my build, thanks for any help provided! :)http://pcpartpicker.com/p/29IKg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You could do better with that money. You should fill these out.

The board is matx while the case is standard atx which is why it's saying they aren't compatible.

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iKeeganHD

1. What is your budget? [€400]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/Internet] (Anything from Half life all the way up to AC4 and BF4)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Like I said already have a case which is the Cooler Master Elite 310]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Wifi]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Maybe in the future]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [By next Monday or so]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Don't need any help :)]

Advertisement