Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed dating

Options
  • 27-11-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys,
    anyone tried speed dating?,,,,,, just came out of long term relationship and just don't have the motivation or patience for the pub/club rubbish. Anyone done it?
    tks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

craig1975 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    anyone tried speed dating?,,,,,, just came out of long term relationship and just don't have the motivation or patience for the pub/club rubbish. without sounding like a prick I look after myself and I'm fussy, I imagine the women who go to these things are mostly desperate, am I right?... I know how truly awful that sounds but I'm being honest. Anyone done it?
    tks in advance

So women that go to these are desperate, but you arent, riiiight.

You sound like a real catch bro and Im sure with that sterling attitude you will be snapped up in no time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If you want to go and check it out good for you. If you want to walk in with a head full of prejudice, I don't know how far you're going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

craig1975 wrote: »
    without sounding like a prick I look after myself and I'm fussy, I imagine the women who go to these things are mostly desperate, am I right?
    Totally wrong. Many go in for the craic, and in groups with friends. It's the lads who are mostly the desperate ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hsianloon

Both sides are desperate, perhaps ? Most people still think of the old fashioned, conventional way of dating as the 'right way' and the others as being desperate.

Don't go in thinking youre better than them. If you're looking for someone for the night, perhaps drunk girls are a better shot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't see why you think people who speed date are desperate. Maybe they just want to try something different?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 craig1975

I did try and word the question without sounding like a misogynistic prick, but failed. those who gave a serious reply many tks,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

This forum isn't the place for lazy generalisations.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement