Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Missing Parts and no contact

Options
  • 27-11-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have contact number for IKEA customer service in Dublin?

I purchased and assembled a bed from IKEA the week before last.
    I'm missing a bunch of major parts, I'm guessing they didn't give me a box.

I didn't pull the boxes from the shelves myself, I had to pick it up in the customer pickup counter, a woman brought the lot, 2 boxes, out for me.

I've tried calling IKEA Dublin but left waiting for 20+mins, I've also filled in the online form.
    No response from IKEA and it's been 10days now.

(I'm 2hrs from Dublin so I can't just pop in)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spencerorama

Hi, we're having a serious problem with IKEA at the minute too due to a faulty couch we got delivered. Did your issue get sorted? How did you go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Hi, we're having a serious problem with IKEA at the minute too due to a faulty couch we got delivered. Did your issue get sorted? How did you go about it?
    • Firstly I spent 45 minutes waiting on their customercare line,1890 987 938. You get through to a uk office.
    • It took quite a while for them to figure it out as the uk product details differed from the irish (the irish version excluded the missing parts which it turns out were sold seperatly).
    • In the end I had to get a buddy in dublin to call in and purchase the missing items.
    • I got sorted but not much help from Ikea.

I think a customer care rep rang me a few days later, in response to an earlier email I had sent them a week before.
    You'll have to call them and most likely bring the product back in to the store.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP, one way or another you'll have to go to Ikea in Dublin to sort this.
    Either to return what you have or to pickup/replace missing parts/box.

You'd be better off checking is the item in stock and then going up and sorting it there and then, it shouldn't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Does anyone have contact number for IKEA customer service in Dublin?

I purchased and assembled a bed from IKEA the week before last.
    I'm missing a bunch of major parts, I'm guessing they didn't give me a box.

I didn't pull the boxes from the shelves myself, I had to pick it up in the customer pickup counter, a woman brought the lot, 2 boxes, out for me.

I've tried calling IKEA Dublin but left waiting for 20+mins, I've also filled in the online form.
    No response from IKEA and it's been 10days now.

(I'm 2hrs from Dublin so I can't just pop in)

What parts are missing ?

How did your order it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

What parts are missing ?

How did your order it ?
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S49022920/#/S49022920

This is resolved now but the box with the backbone for the mattress support on the bedframe was missing.
    Turned out it had to be bought seperately in the irish version (may be different in the uk, the uk cs rep seemed confused).
    The missing article was mentioned in the small print on the beds details but too easy to miss.
    Good to know
    Slatted bed base is included in the price but picked up separately.
    SKORVA midbeam is needed for this product. It is included in the price but picked up separately.
    Create extra storage space under the bed with VARDÖ bed boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I had to buy that seperatly as well in another country with a different before; only found out at 9:30pm in the new apartment as we were putting things together and could not find the bloody thing (and a rush run to Ikea to buy it). So no, I don't think that's actually included by default anywere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S49022920/#/S49022920

This is resolved now but the box with the backbone for the mattress support on the bedframe was missing.
    Turned out it had to be bought seperately in the irish version (may be different in the uk, the uk cs rep seemed confused).
    The missing article was mentioned in the small print on the beds details but too easy to miss.

Yeh, had the very same experience here in the Netherlands.

Bought 2 beds and couldn't figure out how the damn thing was supposed to go together.

Eventually realised that telescopic metal thing in the middle has to be purchased separately.

Advertisement