Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk Software

Options
  • 27-11-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Any recommendation for out of the box helpdesk software for about 3-4 agents? Mainly for emailing tickets to a helpdesk and possibly knowledge base. Needs to be more general than IT/ITIL focused.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you looking for something you can install or something delivered via a SAAS model?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Graham wrote: »
    Are you looking for something you can install or something delivered via a SAAS model?

We probably need something we can install ourselves. There's a lot of SaaS systems I've seen and liked but will probably need it to be hosted onsite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

We use ManageEngine ServiceDesk. It's cheaper than the rest, one of our departments use it for logging tickets aswel as IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have a Look here

Have used Royal Blue in the Past and Can't really fault it, very customizable also

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks folks, will have a look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Hi,
    I'll add SysAid to the above list,as i'm testing myself.
    It could be cloud based or hosted in-house.
    Lots of add-on if you think you'll ever needed.
    There is a free edition as well.
    Very nice interface too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

osTicket is another for your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Have a look at Request Tracker used it for a few years supporting about a 100 businesses before we merged with a bigger co that inflicted Connectwise on us it's an awful product. We're on Autotask now much better but expensive and I see us replicating stuff I was doing with Request Tracker years ago for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Kinet1c wrote: »
    osTicket is another for your list.

That look and feel gr€at but...the issue that I found with, for the past few minutes...the ticket numbers are not constant, are been allocated by the system on a random order/number.
    I'll like to have them in a sequenced order, if possible.

Can I be wrong in saying that !?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We switched to ZenDesk a few months ago and really like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

As someone already mentioned, ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

BMC Trackit

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Have a look at Request Tracker used it for a few years supporting about a 100 businesses before we merged with a bigger co that inflicted Connectwise on us it's an awful product. We're on Autotask now much better but expensive and I see us replicating stuff I was doing with Request Tracker years ago for free!

Hi Am looking at connectwise at the minute what do you not like about it.

thanks

SPCW

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

We had the cloud hosted version and the outages, lack of support for latest browsers constant requirement to reset IE to defaults meant everyone ended up hating it. I found the UI poor in places e.g. lots of stuff we didn't use crammed in and obscuring functions we did use. Also support is in the US so you only really get a call handler during the day here and then get a call back in the middle off the night

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If it's cloud based services you're looking for, I've heard good things about Zendesk and Kayako.

I use Zendesk at work and can highly recommend it..

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

Advertisement