Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispatch-arrival Long wait.

Options
  • 27-11-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

So I ordered a DS game off a seller on amazon.co.uk on 16th Nov. I'm having it delivered to parcel motel.

It was marked as dispatched on Monday 18th Nov. The ETA dates are from 23rd Nov-3rd Dec so I can't really complain yet. I'm just a little worried as I've ordered more items off several different sellers since this initial order (several days after in fact with similarly long ETA's), and those have all arrived. i'm starting to get a bit concerned with this one. I just don't see how an item can take so long from dispatch to arrive.

any advice/experiences you can share are welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Was it ordered from ebay? I have experienced recently two different sellers marking items as dispatched and then not actually posting them til several days after and also lying about the method of postage. Also, anything coming from outside Ireland seems to be extremely slow at the moment. We had a package from France that was posted on the 16th and it's only just reached Dublin mail centre today! It's a bad time of year.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw you ordered it from amazon, d'oh! I wouldn't worry until you're past the last estimated arrival date, Parcel Motel are so busy at the moment, things aren't being checked into depot til sometimes gone 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Toxica wrote: »
    Was it ordered from ebay? I have experienced recently two different sellers marking items as dispatched and then not actually posting them til several days after and also lying about the method of postage. Also, anything coming from outside Ireland seems to be extremely slow at the moment. We had a package from France that was posted on the 16th and it's only just reached Dublin mail centre today! It's a bad time of year.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw you ordered it from amazon, d'oh! I wouldn't worry until you're past the last estimated arrival date, Parcel Motel are so busy at the moment, things aren't being checked into depot til sometimes gone 9pm.

Grand cheers for the advice :)

Right just want to revive this, as the ETA range I was given finished yesterday and it still hasn't arrived.

I've informed the seller yesterday evening that it hasn't arrived and I also sent a email to parcel motel.

Parcel motel have gotten back to me this morning (very helpful I must add) stating; Since I'm the only person in their database with my name, even on the off chance the sender forgot to include my ID, it would still have been matched to my account. So it seems it's been lost/delayed either by the sender or royal mail.

I would like to give the sender the benefit of the doubt and not be rushing to file claims with amazon against them, however my patience runs thin with this as it's now been approaching 3 weeks since the initial order.

Any advice an where I go from here?

Just an update to this.

It's just coming up on 48 hours and two full working days since I informed the seller of my problem, and they've yet to even send a reply acknowledging the issue. I'm going to open a dispute with them through Amazon (much as I'd of rather dealt with the seller directly).

It was the last of my Xmas presents aswell. :/

Another update to this, it has turned more into a consumer issue at this stage!

Anyway, the seller (unsurprisingly) responded very quickly once I complained
    to amazon (Amazon confided I must wait a month from purchase date without
    a resolution before they'll intervene fully). All he asked me to do was confirm
    my address which I have done. I requested a replacement or a refund but he
    went quiet on me again as soon as I asked that.

Anyway he has 10 days from today to be more helpful or I'll have to put a full
    dispute in with amazon, I doubt it will be resolved in time to get a replacement
    ordered for Xmas so the OH might have to wait till new years to get it! :'(

• Advertisement
Advertisement