Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a cheap, low spec laptop

Options
  • 27-11-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I'm looking for a laptop with which to access my work servers from home using Citrix. As it'll be exclusively used for proxying in through Citrix, I don't need a large hard drive, portability or anything fancy - in fact the more basic the better. Price is the major factor for me as I don't want to waste money on a 'single-purpose' machine that'll be used maybe 2 days per week max.

Basic requirements: 15" screen min.; wifi card; speakers & mic built in so I can use Skype (camera is not required); must be able to hook up an external monitor so I can have a dual screen setup.

Don't need any productivity software at all e.g. office etc. as I'll be working on my work system exclusively. I was looking at this one but it's literally the first one I've looked at. I'm guessing for my needs all budget laptops are much of a muchness?

I have a macbook for all other needs (on which I have productivity software etc.) so the key driver is price, and pretty much price alone (subject to the very basic specs outlined above), on this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement