Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early signs of miscarriage?

Options
  • 27-11-2013 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I suspected I was pregnant over the last few weeks as i've been having all the symptoms (nausea, breast tenderness etc) but delayed taking a pregnancy test. I didn't believe I could be pregnant as even though i'm on the pill, I started lightly bleeding for about a week, straight after the bleeding got very heavy, and after feeling severe pain and pressure on my lower stomach I passed what I can only describe as a grey fleshy substance with a large blood looking clot, all together about 4 inches in length.

I went to the hospital immediately as my mum had recommended me too as she feared I may have actually miscarried. The Doctor hadn't a clue what the fleshy thing I gave them is, and sent me home until they do further tests. I'm still bleeding but its getting lighter with each day. I've googled and read through so many different forums, and from what I've read which is very similar to me, I fear I may have actually had a miscarriage.

Has anyone had any personal experience or knowledge in miscarriages that could let me know whats going on?
    I'm finding it a very difficult time to cope, especially because a qualified Doctor couldn't give me an answer as I haven't been confirmed pregnant before this incident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm sorry to hear this. If you would like to talk to someone, there is the The Miscarriage Association of Ireland www.miscarriage.ie which is staffed by volunteers.

Be careful of relying on what you read on the internet - I would suggest you talk to your GP or check back with the hospital.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Did you do a test to find out if you were/are pregnant?

Did the hospital give you a scan and take bloods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm really sorry OP but we cannot give medical advice, I'd advise you to contact the hospital again and ask as many questions as you need to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement