Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempted to try this . Probably been done already !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭CBX

Good luck. It's a lot harder than it sounds. I will be shocked if you even make it to the €500 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Ninap

The odds of turning 10 euro into 10,000 are roughly, er, 1,000/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Ninap wrote: »
    The odds of turning 10 euro into 10,000 are roughly, er, 1,000/1

1000/1 is very high odds when you think about it but play your cards right and I reckon it's achievable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Patience is the killer of roll over bets. Take your time, be happy to sit out whole weeks until you see the bet that is as "rock solid"as they come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

I'd bank 90% of my winnings every time I got to 100, if I got there that is. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Remember seeing something similar to this couple years ago and example they had was 1 bet each day for year at 1/100 got you few hundred quid or something but if you done 2 a day would net you around 10k. Or something along those lines.
    Tried it myself, back when I had time to myself and no Children. Was great way to pass time through that Winter from what I mind. But need great patience to do it right. I think I got up to €150 roughly which took loads of bets at low odds. Mainly done inplay bets - take under 3.5 goals when team leading 1-0 and into second half, that type of thing. My rule was never place a bet whereby another goal would lose bet - if game was 1-0, take under 2.5 rather than 1.5
    Anyway was sitting waiting on wife to get ready one Saturday as we were going to a Wedding and just to pass time, took Chelsea to be leading Everton at HT. They were 1-0 up and only couple mins to go - broke my golden rule and of course Everton equalised with last kick of first half to clean out my attempt and undo weeks of work.
    As I say, passed time that Winter putting few bets on each day but not many would have patience to do it right. Think I kept track of all bets as well on spreadsheet. Must dig it out on home laptop for interest.
    Good luck anyone giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

InishGael wrote: »
    Remember seeing something similar to this couple years ago and example they had was 1 bet each day for year at 1/100 got you few hundred quid or something but if you done 2 a day would net you around 10k. Or something along those lines.
    Tried it myself, back when I had time to myself and no Children. Was great way to pass time through that Winter from what I mind. But need great patience to do it right. I think I got up to €150 roughly which took loads of bets at low odds. Mainly done inplay bets - take under 3.5 goals when team leading 1-0 and into second half, that type of thing. My rule was never place a bet whereby another goal would lose bet - if game was 1-0, take under 2.5 rather than 1.5
    Anyway was sitting waiting on wife to get ready one Saturday as we were going to a Wedding and just to pass time, took Chelsea to be leading Everton at HT. They were 1-0 up and only couple mins to go - broke my golden rule and of course Everton equalised with last kick of first half to clean out my attempt and undo weeks of work.
    As I say, passed time that Winter putting few bets on each day but not many would have patience to do it right. Think I kept track of all bets as well on spreadsheet. Must dig it out on home laptop for interest.
    Good luck anyone giving it a go.

I've given it a wee go and had some success with over 1.5 in alot of the South American football matches . But I keep reaching a point where I make the mistake of betting on a double or treble and that let's me down . Getting to 10k on singles would take forever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Just checked and had kept details on laptop. Over about 8 weeks back in 2009 placed 118 bets ranging from 1.01 to 1.09 on Betfair. Started with £15 and after 117th bet had £162. Then put £100 on that Chelsea HT bet which lost. So actually banked £62. Lot of effort for £62. Would love to try it again but haven't time.

Advertisement